Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Market Quilt!!

We had a fun time demoing (might have just made up a word :D) quilt blocks at market.  Jenny and Helen were experts at it and Sherilyn caught on quickly!! :)
We ended up with about 92 blocks!! That's a lot of demoing!! 
Helen and Jenny said, "Sherilyn, you take these blocks and have fun!!" 
"OK" she said!! 
Sherilyn had fun coming up with many possibilities!! 
Finally decided on this! :)
Which was awesome but....when she
 began putting the blocks together she ran into a little difficulty.  3 of us demoing plus a few observers (which was awesome), and two different sewing machine made for a variety of blocks. Lets just say some of those seems were a little "wonkie"!! :/
No PROBLEM!! That's what this great little tool is for!! :) Sunday afternoon Sherilyn had a ripping party!!
Sherilyn didn't LOVE some of the other possibilities so she got her blocks out and started playing some more. :) All of a sudden it came to her and back to the sewing machine she went with a cup full of delicious butter mints!! Jenny and Judi are so influential!! ;)
A day later...
Sherilyn was very happy with the results as were Jenny and Helen. Yay!! Success!! Now, what to call it...hmmmm....
It's on it's way to AZ for Helen to quilt!! Fun stuff!! :D

-Sew Kind of Wonderful-
  






17 comments:

Unknown said...

Our crooked ways

Cheryl W. said...

It looks like the bridges in the next photo to me!

Debra said...

alert: very superficial comment here; your hair looks so pretty in that top pic ;-)

Love the quilt stuff too!

Teresa Silva said...

Awesome demo blocks! So many great possibilities.

Hannele said...

All versions are great, but I really love the final layout :)

Thelma said...

And Sherilyn and her curvy quilt lived happily ever after, The End! I just love happy endings!

KaHolly said...

The end result is just as nice as the first attempt!

Cindy said...

"Market Aisles" or "Road to Market"....something with a nod to market. I really like the layout!

Becky said...

Making waves at Market.

I love all the layouts. I'm going to have to try a couple of those. ;)

Unknown said...

Brilliant - it proves that being adaptable has it's advantages ;o)

Melissa Corry said...

Oh, I love it!!! What a fun design!!

Judi said...

I totally love it! I am addicted to butter mints now. Crazy - and all your fault Jenny! ;-)

Michele said...

I like! I like!

Na Na said...

I like what KaHolly said, for the name I mean, call it THE END RESULT

FlourishingPalms said...

So pretty! It's great to see the progression of the design, from it's inception at market to the wonky, unbalanced design at the end. Such pretty fabrics too. You all did a really good job with this one. It will be fun to see how it's quilted.

Roberta Breuer said...

I bought your ruler and 2 patterns about a month ago. I want to let you know that I find the "Metro Twist" pattern to be one of the FUNNEST patterns I've pieced! I am really enjoying it. Trimming down after piecing makes everything so perfect!! Love everything so far, thanks!!

Helen L said...

for the name of the quilt: Choppy Seas (looks like waves to me) :-)
And what pattern was used to make the quilt that is in the right hand corner of the pic of you all demoing? It looks like leaves to me and has the green background. I LOVE it!!! thanks, H in Healdsburg